Sunday 12 June 2011

Weekend

So we roll on to another new week. My timetable's being changed with the 6's being spread out across the week, rather then on Monday morning, leaving me with all of Monday morning free now. I thought maybe it's about time I update this 'ol thing again. But with what? Well, what did I do at the weekend?

For some reason, writing an entire post about going out on the lash feels, well, childish. Reading through previous posts I haven't had a problem with that in the past, and I don't have a problem updating my facebook and twitter to say the same even now. So not sure why I now feel differently. But none the less, I'll put up some pictures (all stolen because I didn't have my camera) and just talk about the weekend.

So I went out Friday night. I met up with Mai at Siam BTS after realising that we were both the wrong side of the station, both crossing to the other side, calling each other saying "I'm here now" and then just bumping into each other in the middle. We went to meet some of her friends in a cafe where they were finishing some work. I'd met some before, and some were new. After a bit of time there, we got a cab to the Khao San Road, met up with a few other people and headed to a bar.

Chocolate slush puppy

It was a great night. I met a lot more people my own age, some spoke really good English, some spoke some and some spoke non. All in all it was a good night. Yea, I got pretty drunk. At one point I spent twenty minutes explaining that these were "CHIPS!!!!! Not french fries. I'm neither French, nor America. I'm English. And those are CHIPS!!!". Pretty soon after this I decided I really needed to go home.

Not sure how I got so lashed

At the bar

At this juncture come the paragraph I've re-written four or five times. While out I met a girl (Tongta), talked a lot and exchanged emails and phone numbers. When I left I had Bum put me in a cab home. I woke up the next morning to a text from Tongta saying that today I should probably rest and drink lots of water. I can only imagine what state I must have been in. We've been texting quiet a bit since.

Bum on the left, Tongta on the right

Needless to say Saturday I spent recovering. In the afternoon I got a bus to McDonald's and OH MY GOD it was good. I also bought some bedding. Failed at that kinda badly. Spent the evening downstairs in the shop talking with people there. On Sunday morning I cleared my room and in the afternoon people came over with some food. We all went swimming and it was a lot of fun. I headed out in the early evening just to the shops to buy some supplies for the week and had an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment