Wednesday 19 January 2011

Back to the Beginning


So I as I said in previous posts, I had kept a written diary. I was writing it instead of blogging because for the first few days (and what I thought could be the first month... oh god!) I had no internet. And when my phone died after I came back from Japan I managed to loose that diary me and the guys had been working on every night.

Anyway, time has come when I am no longer doing interesting things. I hate being unemployed, I don't know how people just are fine with being on the doll and doing nothing with their lives, I mean really. Trying to do something each day, yesterday, a trip into Birmingham to meet Lingard and sort myself out a new phone. Today, unfreeze my gym membership and go to the gym and maybe even go for a swim.

So here is something more interesting, my first diary entry from my first night in Thailand. Can you guys let me know if you like this; as I realise it's old stuff and I don't know if you really care about what happened two months ago! Anyhow...

Friday 19th November

Left Ben's (Angwin) house thirty six hours ago now. First flight was good, no real problems and my own double seat set allowing me to kinda lye down. Decent food (no, I'm not being sarcastic) and some good films too. In Abu Dhabi there was free internet, but they had rubbish metal keyboards that you had to punch the keys to get them to type anything. But also free wifi so I could use my phone. Here I had a 9 hour wait for my plane. Arrived at midnight and everything was closed, so couldn't get any food or anything. After a few hours of walking around I eventually found some recliner-type chairs and got some sleep. Only maybe two hours worth.

Finally got on the second plane and the guy sitting next to me was a complete bastard who smelt worse then me. He had his legs sticking out and when people tripped over them he yelled at them, then when a woman reclined in front of him he yelled at her. It may have been a shorter flight, but it felt a hell of a lot longer. After getting off the plane there was a massive queue to get through passport control, took over an hour.

Met Chris and drove to the volunteer house. Took a much needed shower and went for dinner. It cost 30 Baht, or about 60p. Was a good dinner too. Was a small portion though, not sure if all portions are this size, if they are, may loose some weight!

Check out the pictures at;
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=263416&id=620438469&l=16a606d7eb

No comments:

Post a Comment