Wednesday 5 January 2011

Start on a Wednesday


Something new for 2011, a blog.

So I thought I'd start a blog... a week before I leave Thailand. There has been so much I've wanted to tell people about and on facebook its just, 1 maybe 2 updates a day are enough without being a bit of a looser.
So although there is only 1 week left, its gonna be a good week. I have 2 more days of school, big dinner tomorrow night, and heading to Chiang Mai on Friday via a sleeper train. Back to Saraburi and the school on Tuesday for an English camp and then Thursday, home.

Going to head out on another adventure in a few months... if I get a job and some money. So things will liven up with that. And then with luck we will have Japan. So this should be pretty good.

So let's begin with today. And before I do, I'm on my mobile with no spell checker and a broken space bar. There will be errors.

First of all, I love Wednesdays here. 8.30, like every day, kindergartners. Very hard, but very fun. On a normal Wednesday I have the rest of the morning off, with an hour off in the afternoon. That's really a good day in anyones book. Then 5/6, who are great, followed by 3/4 who are my favorites. Not that I have favorites. But I do. And its 3/4.

But today was different. The kindergartner teacher wasn't in. So I was asked to cover until she got in... an extra hour with them. I love them don't get me wrong, but they are 4 and 5 years old. It's difficult. And when you aren't prepared, it's insain.

Then the director took me to tesco. I was out off food and nearly out of money. And my phone was messed up. No idea why. So we drove to tesco at about 10.30 where I went to the mobile phone stand thing. Dialed a number and just put it to the womans ear. She started talking to another woman. I handed over 50Baht, and after some computer/sim wizadry, my phone was working. With credit. Got cash and food, and then went to hospital.

The tesco is far from the school, but next to the hospital. The director was going for an anual check up so it was just good timing. I sat down in the waiting room and the nurse instantly told me to stand up and follow her. She wasn't having me wait in the waiting room! No! It's too hot! Come to the nurses station room that has air con, sit on the sofas and talk with all these Thai nurses. (Side note... Thai nurses... thank you god. Thank you.) Half an hour later I leave with an email address.

Driving out of the hospital we notice its 11.45 and into lunch time. So we go to a resturant for lunch. A stilted building on the side of a jungly river. Now... Thai people talk to strangers. Just randomly. And the director started talking to this woman who was there with her daughter. Then the woman and her daughter got up and came and sat with us. Turned out her daughter could speak dam near fluent English and had just finished university. We exchanged emails and phone numbers then the director invited the daughter to the meal tomorrow night. Can't complain really. I don't think they like people being single here... director said to me "You... skin very white! She like!" Lol.

Then after we finished the girl insisted on paying for my dinner. The great irony of that was she was wearing a t-shirt that said 'no money, no girl'. I didn't point that out.

So back to school. 5/6 straight away, do some basic sentenses. Then 3/4. Ahhh 3/4. New words. Very basic sentenses with the new words and tie it off with a wordsearch which include all the old and new words. A nice peaceful end to the day.

Couple of good emails today as well. Got my Chiang Mai room reserved... 100Baht a night. HAHAHAHAHA! God I love this country. Also a confirmation that my gown for graduation has been sucessfuly moved to January. However still no word on if my place at graduation was booked... so we will have to see about that!

Then this evening. Pizza with Ben. Ahhh. He failed. He got a small pizza, got half way through and asked for a doggy bag. I on the other hand ate all of my large, with room for cake tonight that the director got me for new year.


So if you read this (obviously you did or you wouldn't be reading this), let me know what you think with a comment! Gonna try and keep this up to date as much as possible if people like it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Nic, but you should have started earlier. What was in chapter one & two?
    I knew I should have joined you :)

    ReplyDelete