Monday 18 April 2011

The Day Before New Years Eve

We had one full day of school after camping, that was a 'fun' day. Christmas carols and various other games. No teaching. It was a good day of school. When it ended I had a phone call from Ben saying we were going out to dinner with his friends.

He picked me up and we headed out into Saraburi. The place we went to was great, it was a buffet where you literally cook all you're own food, either by grilling or boiling. There was a massive choice of food and even ice-cream at the end. His friends were mostly people who I had met from the school on the camping trip. But there was another guy there, one of the heads of departments. A really nice guy. Even though I hadn't bought any beer, he kept topping my drink up, and then refused to let me buy a bottle, even though I must've drunk about 4 bottles.








Afterwards we did a gift exchange, some sort of tradition in Thailand. I got a little Buddha statue.

After that we headed to the bar called 'the class room' with whiskey slush puppy type drinks. They had five measure of whiskey in each, and cost two quid each. Insane. There were eleven flavours and between a group of us we had all of them. It was a very good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment