Wednesday 20 April 2011

New Years Eve

New Years Eve kicked off with a shower, a nice, cold shower. Ben picked me up early in the morning and we visited many different temples. At each one was a large meal (seriously, how did I loose weight out there?!) and whiskey. That's exactly what I need... more whiskey. There were lots of shows and celebrations throughout the day.






In the late afternoon we headed to Saraburi, calling in at Tesco Lotus (yup... Tesco) and bought supplies for that night. We went back to Ben's and put up Christmas Lights all over the house and garden. We spent a fair few hours doing that, and then he dropped me back home. There I had ANOTHER lunch at the neighbours house, the people who had invited me out tomorrow. I headed back to my room, got a shower and had a nap.

Come about 8.30 and Ben's brother picked me up. I went to his house and lots of people were there. They made me chips and other western food for dinner/snacks. There was karaoke and all sorts going on. When it struck midnight we set off loads of fireworks and I managed not to kill anyone. Wahay!




How do you open wine when no-one has a cork screw?

The best laid plans...

However, as more drinking and singing went on, I stepped on a dog, who bit me. Oh god. I suddenly sobered right up remembering what I'd been told...

"Get bitten by any dog and go straight to a hospital. You have 24 hours."

No blood had been drawn and I was wearing long trousers. But I was worried. There is no getting past it. There was someone there who wasn't drinking and they gave me a list to the hospital. But while in the car we got a call from someone who told me the dog had been vaccinated. So we turned the car around.

That had scuffered my mood for the rest of the night, and I headed home almost straight away after getting back to Ben's. Besides, I had to be awake at 5am and it was already 1:30, so it was probably wasn't a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment